Boats At The Mouth of Dry Creek
A square stern 18' Old Town canoe with a 10 HP Johnson outboard and a 32' Bristol Bay fishing boat with a 85 HP Redwing 6-cylinder gas engine (converted from sail in 1952) beached at the mouth of Dry Creek, early 1950's. Marion Mooter took the fishing boat up the Mulchatna River from Dillingham. It was brought to Lake Clark via the Kvichak River, Iliamna Lake, the portage trail, and Sixmile Lake.
Listen to Andrew Balluta talk about the photo.