Digital Asset Information
Project: Gates of the Arctic National Park
Date of Interview: May 12, 1993
Narrator(s): Bertha Moses
Interviewer(s): Wendy Arundale
After clicking play, click on a section to navigate the audio or video clip.
1) Demanding experiences as a Health Aide continued
2) Work in Allakaket in 1958 thru 1983
3) Work at Tanana Chiefs Patient Hostel in Fairbanks
4) Future for Health Aide nurses and the problems they face today
5) Contacting health care outside village
6) Gates of the Arctic effect on Allakaket
Click play, then use Sections or Transcript to navigate the interview.
After clicking play, click a section of the transcript to navigate the audio or video clip.
Section 1: accident -- chainsaw\ Tanana -- medicine|
Section 2: Allakaket -- 1958-83\ health -- patient hostel\ health -- nurses aide, wages\ wage increase|
Section 3: Tanana Chiefs -- patient hostel, Fairbanks\ opened June 1983\ Moses, Bertha -- resident 10 years, house manager\ Tanana Chiefs -- patient hostel, facilities|
Section 4: oxygen\ pelvic exams\ strep throat\ Moses, Bertha -- end of Health Aide career\ health -- mental\ health -- alcohol related\ health -- drug problems\ violence\ discipline|
Section 5: radio -- single side band\ babies\ medivac\ Tanana Hospital -- overcrowding, 1960's\ Tanana Hospital -- 1970's|
Section 6: Allakaket\ Gates of the Arctic\ hunting -- restrictions\ Kanuti\ Park Service|